Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Book Beat: Success!

I had a great time on Sunday (September 19) at the Book Beat in Oak Park, MI for the first public event for Impossibly Funky. I had a massive turn-out. Eleven people! And I either knew 10 of them directly or indirectly. Yeah, it was huge. But, in all seriousness, I really had a lot of fun. My host, Cary Loren, really knew his stuff.

Rather than doing a reading (which is what I had in mind that I'd be doing), Cary sat down next to me and just asked me questions about the book and the history behind it, giving me an opportunity to just jaw on about my favorite subject; me. I don't think I made too big of a fool of myself, saw some friends, and sold some books. That's more than I could have hoped for!

Thanks to everyone who made it out. It was kind of a huge deal for me and has managed to put me more at ease about the idea of doing more book events.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a grand time. Wish something could have worked out in NYC. Would have been AMAZING to see you :)

Mike White said...

Might still try to book something in NYC in the Spring. In the meantime, folks can come on out to Raconteur Books in Metuchin NJ from NYC -- I hope!

XichthusX said...

I'm sure it went great! You have a lot to offer so listening to you talk would be swell in my book. Not that I am writing a book or anything.....

Post a Comment