Saturday, November 11, 2017

Shanghai Diary: Random Thoughts


Now that the world is ending -- at least that's how people are reacting to the 280 character limit on Twitter -- here are some quick thoughts that may or may not be 140 characters long:

  • I don't know how many times I've seen Mad Max: Fury Road but it never seems like enough.
  • We have the mental image of Chinese people wearing medical masks on the streets. Some of them are very elaborate. Almost to Immortan Joe levels. I expect a Chinese person to tell me, "Do not my friends become addicted to water..."
  • Got a little thrill when I found a theater playing movies in 2D rather than 3D. #ShanghaiVictory (The bad news is that the movie is Murder on the Orient Express but seeing a movie in English is a bit of an escape.)
  • 4AM last night I'm looking at show times and found that A Better Tomorrow is opening at several theaters next Friday. No English, I'm sure, but I don't care.
  • I've had more Indian food in the last six weeks than in the last 26 years. #winning.
  • The theme of my trip here is "I don't know what I'm eating but it sure is tasty."

No comments:

Post a Comment