Monday, April 07, 2008

Why I Don't Podcast

Listening to Clute and Edwards over at NoirCast, I got to thinking about why I'm not a podcaster. I think it boils down to two things: 1) I have a lousy voice and 2) Me no speakum good.

There are a lot of words that I mispronounce on purpose. There are no political motivations to these. Instead, I tend to do it to make fun of people in my past, even if no one around me has the slightest idea of what I'm talking about. I still say things like, "That's onbelievable!" in memory of an English teacher who couldn't ever say "un" correctly, even if it was in the middle of a word ("jar-gon"). I might even say, "shunt, coont, or wunt" rather than "shouldn't, couldn't, or wouldn't" in 'honor' of a music teacher who turned these contractions into single syllable terms. I'm sure there a many others. Worse, I mispronounce words that I've read for years but have never heard out loud. I can imagine that I'd just butcher English worse then Flavor Flav.

Though I've been told that I have a face for radio, I'll leave podcasting to the guys with the pipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment