Thursday, April 09, 2009

Springtime in Maryland

I wasn't planning on taking (m)any trips in 2009, with the hope that I might get to go on a book tour later in the year. However, Maryland has been calling me (figuratively) and I've simply got to attend this year's MDFF.

Just about all of the flicks have been announced on their website today -- looks like a fine crop of films. I'm psyched to see the following:

  • Blind Loves (dir. Juraj Lehotsky, Slovakia)
  • Mock Up on Mu (dir. Craig Baldwin)
  • Nollywood Babylon (dir. Ben Addelman and Samir Mallal, Nigeria/Canada)
  • Stingray Sam (dir. Cory McAbee)
  • World's Greatest Dad (dir. Bobcat Goldthwait)
  • Lightning Salad Moving Picture (dir. Kenneth Price)

That's just what I see at first pass. The John Waters's pick, 3-D film (always a must-see), and silent film (ditto) are yet to be announced. Looks like it's going to be a fun weekend May 7-10!

No comments:

Post a Comment