Friday, February 18, 2011

Long Live Indie Bookstores!

So, yeah, Michigan-based Borders is closing 30% of its stores. This makes me a little sad as there's nothing I like more than going over to my local Borders, picking up a couple books, and reading while I drink some coffee. If anything, I wish that Barnes & Noble was shutting their doors. Their selection usually sucks and they have much worse coffee.

Despite the best efforts of these "big box" stores, a few independent sellers remain in the U.S. If there ever was a time to visit these places and support them, now is it! Here's a great list of independent alternatives to the closing Borders stores.

And, here's a valuable tool to find any independent bookstores in your area.

Now, go support your local indie bookstore, damn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment