Sunday, February 06, 2011

It's Me, Mario!

If you know anything about me, you know that I'm obsessive. While collecting versions of "MacArthur Park" and "Number of the Beast," I also try to pick up any/all versions of the Super Mario music that I can. After hearing a particularly moving version on NPR the other day, I decided to finally gather all of the versions I'd collected over the years and put 'em together into one torrent file. These range from 8-bit classics to lush orchestrations to cheesy rap to avant-garde productions. Let the games begin: Download the Torrent file here.

And if you want something visual (that's not too abysmal), here's a Mario-inspired photo collection.

5 comments:

ROB! said...

My friends in Grand Rapids do a jazz version of the main Super Mario theme from the first game. Really funny to hear.

If they have a recording - I'll share it with you!

Mike White said...

I look forward to hearing it!

Temple of Schlock said...

How many syllables, Mario? How many syllables, Mario? How many syllables, Mario? How many syllables, Mario? How many syllables, Mario?

Anonymous said...

I love this

Unknown said...

Sweet! Thank you Mike. This gal is a huge sucker for Mario music of any stripe.

Post a Comment