Saturday, September 06, 2008

TIFF 2008: The Truth About Canadian Films

It's a fact: Most people would rather eat their own children than see a Canadian Film.*

Miraculously, there are not one but two Canadian films at this year's festival that I not only "wouldn't mind" seeing but actually want to see. The only thing is... I can't see either of them. They're both playing against other films which I want to see more. So, here's hoping that Real Time and Pontypool find their way a few hundred miles West and cross into the Detroit area.

*Exceptions made for Guy Maddin, John Paizs, and David Cronenberg films (and a few others). I once ate a neighbor's child when just threatened to have to watch an Atom Egoyan film. If I see that chick with the thick eyebrows one more time... (shaking fist at sky).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, for all our love of the arts, especially film, you'd think one of us would learn how to make a friggin' movie. Oh well. We're REAL good at watchin' 'em though!

Michael Guillen said...

Pontypool was great and I sincerely regret your not being able to lend critical insight to same.

Post a Comment