Wednesday, August 13, 2008

OTM Blew My Mind

I'm a fan of "On The Media" on NPR. The latest show was one of the best I've heard. It included two stories about 3-D films (past and present) and a terrific piece about plagiarism -- a subject dear to my heart.

After blatantly ripping off countless authors, the editor of The Bulletin -- a free local weekly from Montgomery County, TX -- inappropriately strikes the 'little guy versus the system' pose in a hilariously misguided diatribe that completely misses the point. Your jaw will drop! "Congratulations on breaking an already fragile soul."

Read the transcript here.

Addendum: I just read that The Montgomery County Bulletin has closed up shop. I can't say I'm too surprised. I imagine that advertisers might have been a might ticked if they found they were paying for, um, "recycled" content. Here's more on the story:

No comments:

Post a Comment