Thursday, August 30, 2007

Gearing Up for TIFF

I've been shielding myself from the films playing at TIFF this year. I'm trying to not know too much about what's playing and what's not -- I'm always afraid to get too into the films before the Press/Industry schedule comes out because there are always a handful of films (invariably some Midnite Madness movies) that get left out in the cold as they're shown after I depart T.O.

That said, the P/I schedule comes out tomorrow morning and I'm itching to start planning out my week. Thank goodness for Twitchfilm.net! Ignoring the Canadian and experimental films, this is my first pass at what I'm hoping to see this year:

  • Joy Division Grant Gee
  • Control Anton Corbijn
  • Mýrin Baltasar Kormákur
  • Dr. Plonk Rolf de Heer
  • Help Me Eros Lee Kang Sheng
  • Le Deuxième Souffle Alain Corneau
  • No Country for Old Men Joel Coen, Ethan Coen
  • DAINIPPONJIN Hitoshi Matsumoto
  • The Devil’s Chair Adam Mason
  • Flash Point Wilson Yip
  • Frontière(s) Xavier Gens
  • George A. Romero’s Diary of the Dead George A. Romero
  • À l’intérieur Alexandre Bustillo, Julien Maury
  • The Mother of Tears Dario Argento
  • Stuck Stuart Gordon
  • SUKIYAKI WESTERN DJANGO Takashi Miike
  • Vexille Fumihiko Sori
  • Run, Fat Boy, Run David Schwimmer
  • Son of Rambow Garth Jennings
  • My Winnipeg Guy Maddin
  • Ex Drummer Koen Mortier
  • You, the Living Roy Andersson
  • Chrysalis Julien Leclercq

No comments:

Post a Comment