And what are those ideas rattling around in my head? Though I try to keep myself accountable (to me and my readers), I tend to not announce stories before they're done as they might die on the vine. Regardless, here are some of the pieces that I want to pen in the near future:
- Cinema Cockfight
- William Shatner In Peril!
- An Appreciation of Jean-Pierre Melville
- A Study of Oldrich Lipsky
- A Mess of Dusan Makavejev (Dusan, I'm still waiting for those interview answers that I sent back in 2002, buddy!)
- Feels Like Dick - The films that aren't based on Philip K. Dick, but feel like they are
- The Reality of Peter Watkins
- The Red Peony Gambler Series
- Richard Brautigan
And some of my "dream articles" include:
- The Films of Rafael Corkidi
- Cinema Suzuki - A Study of Seijun Suzuki
- Kanai Katsu - The Bad Boy of Japanese Cinema
- Maria Beatty: Beauty in Brutality
I'm sure that there are others but those are the ones that come to mind with ease.