Thursday, December 16, 2010

He's a Maniac... an Egomaniac

I'm not an egomaniac. I swear!

I've been feeling kind of queasy lately when I read or hear people say that Impossibly Funky is "by Mike White". I didn't write this book. I'm only one of a group of people.

It's just easier for people to attribute the book to one person rather than all of the fine folks who contributed articles, illustrations, copy editing, layout, etc.

Here are just some of the people responsible:

  • Introduction by Herschell Gordon Lewis
  • Foreword by Chris Gore
  • Copy editing and layout by Lori Hubbard Higgins
  • Editor photo by Stacey Walters
  • Featuring articles by Leon Chase, Chris Cummins, Skizz Cyzyk, Andrew Grant, Clifton Howard, Rich Osmond, Mike Thompson, Andrea White, and Mike White
  • Cover art by Jim Rugg and Jasen Lex
  • Illustrations by Dean Stahl, Pat Lehrner, and Jonathan Higgins

I suppose I could say "by the staff of Cashiers du Cinemart" but there were a lot of people that didn't contribute anything to the book that contributed to the zine. I could go the way of Mad Magazine and say, "by the usual gang of idiots" but that's not very nice.

1 comment:

Cameron Poe said...

Hey, Cyrus. It's your barbecue man, and it tastes good.

Post a Comment