Wednesday, July 02, 2008

You Don't Know Where That Finger's Been

Think that the graphic designers on Wig and Voice shared similar inspiration? Sure looks that way.

I have to laugh about the description of Wig: "A young woman is struggling against cancer. She buys a wig for her so that she can go out without having to feel ashamed of herself what she doesn't know is that the wig is cursed." No, I'm not laughing about the cancer but about the "cursed wig" idea. This was used to great comedic effect in the "Hell Toupee" episode of Amazing Stories back in 1986. Yes, I know that the "cursed wig" idea goes back much farther but I can never think of it now without thinking the line, "Whaddya want me to do, throw out a hair net?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it also used on episode of the Simpsons? In fact, I think the episode was also entitled "Hell Toupee".

Post a Comment