Friday, November 02, 2007

New Gig

It's unusual to find anyone that's ever heard of me -- the real "Mike White" as I like to say, not that one from CHUCK & BUCK or SCHOOL OF ROCK -- much less that's read a single issue of Cashiers du Cinemart. Managed to do both over the last few weeks when CdC contributor Mike Malloy turned me on to an ad from a local webzine that was looking for a "cult film writer." Hoping that they were looking for more than just films about cults (RACE WITH THE DEVIL, HELTER SKELTER, GUYANA TRAGEDY, HOT FUZZ, etc), I dropped 'em a line.

I was especially pleased to see that they were already linking to this blog (one of the few people who do, according to Google). This indicated that they must have good taste.

Long story short, I met with two of the guys from Detour-Mag.com this week and got the big thumbs up today to start hunting and pecking on my keyboard to bang out some movie reviews for their site. Look for links to those as they come up. In the meantime, if you have any cult films that are near and dear to your heart that you feel deserve attention, leave a comment and I'll "take them under advisement."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chicken Park

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can get an advance screener of HOGZILLA, starring Joe Bob Briggs.

Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpaICN087Ic

Post a Comment